The ear problems turned into Swimmer's Ear. Corey made it to Kelly's on Tuesday, but when I got there to pick him up, his ear was sore and the nasty stuff coming out was just disgusting. I ended up taking him to the doctor on Wednesday and we ended up with a diagnosis of Swimmer's Ear - basically an infection of the ear canal. We got some Cipro ear drops to put in twice a day for the next 7 days.
His poor ear was so swollen, though, that it was hard to get the drops in. And you just couldn't touch his ear without him being in a lot of pain. We had to give lots of motrin to help with that and finally, by Friday, the drops seemed to start helping. Today, he is doing much better, back to himself. He still has some pain, but I think a lot of of that is from us constantly checking and pulling on his ear.
We are due to go to Sandy's tomorrow (supposed to be today) for him to spend a few days. Unless he has a major relapse, I think he'll be fine. WE'll have to give instructions on how to administer the ear drops, but hopefully another day and by tomorrow he'll be good to go.
He still has some gross stuff coming out, but it's not near as bad. At least you can get in there with a q-tip now and clean some of it out.
Saturday, July 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment