HOT! HOT! HOT!
We took our time leaving on Friday. We rolled out around 9:30, and finally got there around 2:00. I had forgotten the frozen meat, so we had to stop in St. James at the local grocery store to buy burgers and hot dogs. Seems I forget to pack something almost every year.
When we got there, we visited with Dan and Sandy a ltitle bit at the cabin, then headed down to the water. Corey had a good time goofing around with Ryan. We played around in the water for quite a while, then headed back up to the cabin to start supper. Hot dogs and burgers, to keep it easy, then we got a fire going and had a very lengthy conversation about poop and all its joys with the Gavins and Dan and Sandy. It was pretty entertaining. Corey enteratined himself by playing with Dan and Sandy's dog, Susie and by playing around the fire. What is it about fire that mesmerizes a kid? I can remember doing that to when I used to camp with my parents. Debbie brought over marshmallows and they had smores - he loved that!
The bus picked us up for floating about 10:30 on Saturday morning. Man, it was HOT! Unbelievably hot. Like torture. We've never floated that fast, ever. It was torture to be in the sun. I wanted off that water so badly. It wasn't too enjoyable for the adults. Corey seemed to have a good time, though.
We got back from floating early, about 4:00, and the entire cabin (except me) took a nap. That's how hot it was. We cooked burgers on the grill that night, and had chips. Fortunately, we had planned an easy dinner. Sat around the fire later and listened to music. It was nice and relaxing.
We all got up on Sunday and headed out around 9:00, and we made it home about 1:30. It was so nice to be home, but everything had that float trip smell, so I immediately started washing everything. It was so nice to be in the air conditioning!
We're talking about going someplace different next year. But, I don't know if we'll find someplace with enough openings to accomodate everyone. Plus, I don't know who's going to coordinate it all. Not me - I got enough to worry about. I'd be fine not going back there, it's such a long drive and so much hassle. Guess we'll see.
Monday, August 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment