Sunday, August 03, 2008

Lazy Sunday......

well.....for some of us, anyway! Today, I had a plan - get up and get outside before the heat set in to work in the yard. That plan was ruined when after about 15 minutes of yardwork the sky opened up and it started pouring! So back in to the house I went - Corey as usual was already playing video games. Wasn't even surprised to see me - he is so into the zone when he's playing. So, I did my normal chores for Sunday. Jerry was off bike riding for the morning.

When it finally stopped raining after lunch, I ventured back outside and told Corey to put some clothes on (yes, the boy was STILL in his pajamas) and come outside and do something. He chose to ride his bike - whatever works, just as long as he got some outside time. It was pretty warm by this time, the humidity had cranked it up, so as Corey came up sweating and ready to go back inside, I told him to go get his suit on and we'd get the sprinkler out. Oh, now that put the smile on his face! The next half hour was pure joy - watching him run through the sprinkler and remembering how much fun that was when I was a kid. I almost joined him, but I had my iPod on while I was doing yardwork. Since I was already in my bikini top anyway, I did indulge a little bit under the nice cool water. He got his fill and then headed back inside.

Now he's watching a Hot Wheels movie - I can remember when he first got this movie. I had to watch it with him because there was a part in the special features that talked all about the cars that the characters drove - I had to read all the stuff to him. Now, he can read it himself. My baby is all grown up. Sob!

1 comment:

bluedog said...

I fondly remember those days of running through the sprinkler, 'cause that was the only relief we had from the heat. Remember Slip 'n Slides? Probably considered too dangerous now, but those were fun too. You should get Corey to help you wash your car, then have a water fight. Good times. :)