Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Evacuation!!!

Last night, there was an ammonia leak in town which resulted in a mandatory evacuation of our subdivision. We had to leave about 11:00 - ended up going out to mom's house to spend the night. The all clear was given about 3:00 this morning - but we were of course sleeping, so we didn't learn of that until we got up this morning around 6. Got home at 7 - and decided to take the day off work and keep Corey home from school. I'm exhausted - didn't sleep very well at mom's.

KMOX said that school was on emergency status - that any kid not in school would not be counted against because of the emergency last night, but when I called the info line, the message said it was a normal school day, even though there was an emergency last night. Oh well - Corey is missing his 3rd day of testing. I emailed his teacher to let her know he woudln't be there and to make sure we could make it up. She assured me that it shoudn't be a problem.

Corey is in his room now, playing video games. He probably could have went to school, no problem. He got a lot more sleep than I did but in the confusion this morning of what we were going to do, I made the snap decision of staying home and you can't renig on staying home from school!

1 comment:

bluedog said...

When I finally turned on the news I learned that the fertilizer plant has break-ins all the time due to those crazy meth-heads. Ya'll are extremely fortunate that this didn't turn out to be a more dramatic event. Glad you guys were OK. :)