about 2 weeks ago, we made a trip to the Dentist to have two of Corey's teeth pulled. I don't remember which ones - the "tehnical" name, but it was the two one tooth away on either side of his two top front teeth - incisors or eye theeth? He's got my problem - not enough room in his mouth for all of this teeth (ha - that sounds funny to say). ANyway, the dentist thought it would be a good idea to get those two teeth out of the way to help the permanent teeth hopefully come in straight. We'll see. Poor kid definitely has the crooked teeth gene from both Jerry and I.
I was amazed at how well he did during the tooth extraction. Beleive me, those teeth weren't anywhere near ready to come out. Dr. Dumstorff, who has been my dentist since I was a little kid, and who I adore, was really great with Corey. When they got out the needle to numb his gums I was sure he was going to freak, but he didn't even flinch. Just laid there, with his hands crossed over his belly, like he was taking a nap! ANd, then when the doctor got out the big old tweezer looking device to pull the teeth, Corey still never moved a muscle. I was standing in the corning, about ready to pass out, watching the whole thing, but not Corey. As soon as both teeth were out, he looked up at me and gave me the thumbs up. What a trooper! The tooth fairy was very generous that night - $5.
Night before last, one of Corey's bottom teeth succumbed to lots of wiggling. It has been loose for quite a while. Before long, he won't have any baby teeth left. Kids look so much different with adult teeth. Especially when the front teeth are in - gives them a whole new look.
We worked it out so that his school pictures were done before the two teeth extraction, though, so his picture looks somewhat normal! :)
I wish he could just stay this age forever.
Saturday, October 04, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment