Wednesday, December 31, 2008

With Strength!!!!!




Grandma is the most amazing person I have ever or will ever know. She has been an inspiration to us all. Yes, it was tough road as first, as you can well imagine for anyone who receives a diagnose of cancer. But, with friends and family behind her, she bucked up and is leading the charge to fight this disease head on. We have hugged more, laughed more and spent more time together in the months since her diagnosis than in a long time. And it has been so good for us all.

We take the time for those extra laughs, and take time for the small stuff. Grandma dotes on her grandkids and spoils them even more! And, I don't know that Corey really understands the word cancer, but that's okay. He knows that Grandma is "sick" and is getting medicine, but he also knows that she's still the same old crazy Grandma and she's still sending over food, and still baking cookies and still giving him Xmas presents and still smiling, so he's happy.

And I know that mom is going to make it through this, as will I. I know that she will beat this cancer. Chemo is tough, yes. But, she is tougher! She amazes me every day with her resolve and her fight. I would have given up a long time ago, but she continues to fight and gets up for the next day. Like a prize fighter, ready for another round.

Corey had a good xmas, surrounded by family and laughter. You can't ask for anything more than that.

No comments: