Saturday, January 17, 2009

Tube out

A few years ago, Corey had surgery to have tubes put in his ears. He was getting a lot of ear infections, and colds, and we went to see a specialist in St. Louis - Dr. Molter, who recommended the procedure. He also had his tonsils and adenoids removed at the same time.

Well, here it is 2009, and the tubes are still in. Until today. The left one finally came out. Jerry had taken Corey to see Dr. Molter back in September and he said that if the tubes didn't fall out by January that he would want to see Corey again, and redo the procedure. Since the tubes have been in for so long, we risk the chance that Corey's ears will never close up from where the holes for the tubes have been.

Now that one tube has come out, and the other tube is dangerously close to coming out, we'l have to go back and see Dr. Molter to make sure that holes have in fact closed up.

I was amazed to see just how small the tube really was when it came out. I don't know what I was expecting, but it was tiny. And really gross! Definitely not something I saved for the baby book. :)

No comments: